Updated 27 November 2020
England Squash guidance for return to play in Tier 2 regions enables players to form and register ‘squash bubbles’ and play ‘socially distanced games and practices’ with a member of a different household. Play is subject to various modifications and additional hygiene measures.
What is a squash bubble?
A squash bubble consists of two to six Club members, who can be from different households.
Tier 2 Squash bubble regulations
Venues allowing squash bubbles are required to follow the regulations and guidance published by England Squash and players must review the full guidance. A link is provided below.
Specific note of the following points should be taken:
- Players can only be part of one bubble at a time.
- Maximum two players on court at any time.
- Only use socially distanced games and practices during sessions.
- Protective eyewear or visors are strongly recommended at all times.
- Players must not wipe their hands on the court walls.
- Players are not allowed to shout or raise their voice.
All the current regulations on social distancing, cleaning, using the one-way system and no spectators on the viewing balcony remain unchanged and in place.
Social distancing must be maintained when players are off court, even if they are in the same squash bubble.
Socially distanced games and practices of racketball may be played within a squash bubble with similar modifications and hygiene measures.
Registering your squash bubble.
Before playing competitive squash, all players in your bubble must register with the Club and the Club must have confirmed your eligibility to play. Registering your bubble is a simple process:
- All players in a squash bubble must complete and submit an online Squash Bubble Player Registration form
- All players must read and confirm that they agree to follow WWC and England Squash guidance before they register and play
What if you want to leave a squash bubble and join another one?
You can leave a squash bubble at any time. Please submit a squash bubble registration form requesting to leave your bubble.
If you wish to join another bubble you may submit a new registration form confirming the players you wish to join.Socially distanced games and practices July 2020.pdf