West Worthing Club is committed to prioritising the wellbeing of all children and adults at risk, promoting safeguarding at our club, at all events we run, across all sports and within all our programmes.
Our Safeguarding Policy aims to minimise risk and deliver a positive experience for everyone whilst responding appropriately to all safeguarding concerns and disclosures.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION POLICY
Our Diversity and Inclusion Policy sets out our commitment to providing an environment which values diversity and promotes a culture of inclusiveness which we believe are vital to the success of the club.
- Our Safeguarding Policy can be viewed here.
- Our Diversity and Inclusion Policy can be viewed here.
- Our Whistle Blowing Policy can be viewed here.
- Changing Room and Showering Facility Policy can be viewed here
- A Concern Reporting form can be viewed here.
SAFE AND INCLUSIVE CODES OF CONDUCT
All staff, coaches and volunteers are required to follow our Code of Conduct.
Those working in the club should:
- Prioritise the well-being of all children and adults at risk at all times
- Treat all children and adults at risk fairly and with respect
- Be a positive role model. Act with integrity, at all times
- Help to create a safe and inclusive environment both on and off court
- Not allow any rough or dangerous behaviour, bullying or the use of bad or inappropriate language
- Report all allegations of abuse or poor practice to a club Welfare Officer
- Not use any sanctions that humiliate or harm a child or adult at risk
- Recognise diversity and make all reasonable efforts to meet individual needs
- Keep clear boundaries between your professional and personal life, including on social media
- Have the relevant consent from parents/carers, children and adults before taking or using photos and videos
- Refrain from making physical contact with children or adults unless it is necessary aa part of an emergency or congratulatory (e.g. handshake/high five)
- Refrain from smoking, vaping or consuming alcohol during club sporting activities or coaching sessions
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly outlined and everyone has the required information and training
- Wherever practicable, avoid being alone with a child or adult at risk unless there are exceptional circumstances
- Refrain from transporting children or adults at risk, unless this is required as part of a club activity (e.g. lifts to training venues, tournaments, matches or associated activities)and there is another adult in the vehicle or there is express consent from the parent or guardian to you being the sole adult.
- Not abuse, neglect, harm or discriminate against anyone; or act in a way that may be interpreted as such
- Not to have a relationship with anyone under the age of 18 for whom they are coaching or responsible
- Not to have a relationship with anyone over the age of 18 whilst continuing to coach or be responsible for them
Welfare Officer – Mo Thoms
Tel: 01903 247270
NSPCC – 080 8800 5000
LTA Safe and Inclusive Tennis Team – 020 847 7000
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
CODES OF CONDUCT