CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE – 12 MAY 2020
Following the Government announcement of 11 May 2020, we are delighted to be able to re-open the Club in a very limited way. The new rules allow socially distanced outdoor sport either between two individuals from separate households or multiple people from the same household.
The Board of the Club met yesterday evening and has decided to re-open the Club for outdoor tennis and petanque from Wednesday morning this week and for croquet from Friday afternoon. This will be for members only – no visitors at this time. There are various rules to be adhered to as follows:
- You may play singles or doubles with members of your household (who are also members of the Club)
- You may play singles with someone from outside your household
- Court hours will be between 8.30am and 9.00pm.
- There will be no floodlighting.
- Please book online and enter the names of everyone who will be playing.
- Bookings may only be made up to 3 days in advance and will be restricted to one hour of play per day per person.
- Please be prepared to start your game 2-3 minutes after your allotted time to allow the previous players to leave in a distanced manner and aim to finish 2-3 minutes early for the same reason.
- Courts 1-2 have two gates. Please use the gate nearest to your court. Court 3 – please use the gate nearest the grass courts. Court 4, please use the usual gate.
- Chairs will be removed and we ask that you bring your own water, hand sanitiser, racquets and balls. It is recommended that you do not pick up the balls which have been touched by your opponent (unless from the same household). Therefore, please initial your tennis balls in a way that allows this to happen.
- The Clubhouse will not be open and access will be via the side gate.
- There will be no lavatories, first aid or drinking water available. If you run out of balls, Tom Pocock may be able to point you in the right direction – firstname.lastname@example.org
- One to one coaching will be available and should be booked directly with your coach or through Tom in the usual way.
- Petanque must be played on alternate pistes as a game of singles only
- Games should be booked in advance via Bob Ainsworth, who has offered to coordinate attendance so as to maintain social distancing. If you don’t have his email address, please email email@example.com and your message will be forwarded.
- Croquet can only be played in a singles format, with no double banking on the lawns.
- For the time being, the grass will only be cut once a week, so please bear with us. Our groundsman, Peter, has been furloughed and therefore we are following a very limited grounds maintenance programme until further notice
- Games should be booked in advance via Andrew Stewart, who has offered to coordinate attendance so as to maintain social distancing. If you don’t have his email address, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your message will be forwarded.
Clearly we are feeling our way through a changing environment and are delighted to be able to allow this partial re-opening. We will keep the arrangements under close scrutiny and would ask you for your support in adhering to the new rules and ensuring social distancing is maintained.
West Worthing Club CIC