CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE – 26 September 2020
The Club is open for indoor and outdoor tennis, squash, table-tennis, snooker, pétanque and croquet with some restrictions to help maintain social distancing, as required by Government guidelines and as recommended by each of the sport’s governing bodies. Bridge will not reopen at this stage due to the difficulties with social distancing. The bar and cafe will also not re-open just yet.
- (NEW) To support the requirements of the NHS test and trace process, everyone visiting the club must pre-book their sport (online where possible) or sign in at the Reception Desk. This is regardless of whether you’re playing or not.
- (NEW) Members are required to keep their contact details held by the Club up to date.
Please follow the guidelines below when visiting the Club:
- DO NOT attend the Club if you or anyone in your household is displaying Covid-19 symptoms or if you have been advised you must self-isolate
- (NEW) You are required to wear a face covering whenever you are indoors, except when you are playing sport. This applies to anyone aged 11 years and over.
- Use your membership card to gain access to the site and clubhouse.
- Hand sanitise before and after playing (hand sanitisation points are clearly marked)
- Follow one way routes and signage
- Book your sport in advance and name ALL players on your booking
- You must sign in for coaching or group sessions
- Bring your own equipment and water bottle (the drinking fountain is switched off and no equipment will be available for hire)
- Come changed and ready to play (there are no changing or showering facilities)
- Only one person to use the lavatories at any time. Please lock the outer door using the latches provided
- The upstairs of the Club is closed (other than the Table Tennis Room)
- Leave the Clubhouse promptly after playing
- Exit via the side gate (you will need to ‘swipe’ your membership card against the wall mounted keypad)
- Please follow Government guidelines on social distancing.
Clubhouse and Reception Opening Hours
The Clubhouse is open from 10am until 9pm, Monday to Sunday, however the reception desk will be unstaffed for some of this time. (please see timings below). First Aid may not be available at all times. The defibrillator can be found outside the double doors near tennis court 1.
Spectators and Visitors
No spectating is allowed on the indoor courts, on the squash gallery or in any of the dedicated sports rooms. Parents of children are asked to wait outside or in their car.
Visitors may attend the Club for coaching or when accompanying a child. Members may bring a guest by prior arrangement with the Club Reception. Usual guest fees apply.
(UPDATED) All guests and visitors are required to sign in on arrival and provide contact details or use the NHS Covid-19 QR Code situated at the Reception Desk.
|Clubhouse & Indoor Sports||Outdoor Sports Facilities||Club Reception||Club Bar & Lounge||Racquets Cafe|
|Mon - Fri: 10:00 - 21:00||Mon - Sun: 08:30 - 21:00||Mon - Fri: 10:00 - 19:00||Mon - Sun: Closed||Mon - Sun: Closed|
|Sat: 9:00 - 21:00||Sat: 9:00 - 13.00|
|Sun: 10:00 - 21:00||Sun: Closed|
Guidelines for our sports
Each of the sports governing bodies have specific recommendations for playing their sport in a safe and distanced way. It is our wish to support these recommendations as fully as possible taking into account our own site and clubhouse layout and restrictions. Detailed guidance of safe play and advance booking for each sport may be found using the links below
We will keep all arrangements under close scrutiny and would ask you for your support in adhering to these guidelines and ensure social distancing is maintained.