CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE – 29 July 2020
From 10am on Monday 3rd August, the Clubhouse will re-open for squash, indoor tennis, table-tennis and snooker, albeit with some restrictions to maintain social distancing, as required by Government guidelines and as recommended by each of the sport’s governing bodies. Bridge will not reopen at this stage due to the difficulties with social distancing. The bar and cafe will also not re-open just yet.
Please follow the guidelines below when visiting the Club:
- DO NOT attend the Club if you or anyone in your household is displaying Covid-19 symptoms or if you have been advised you must self-isolate
- Enter via the side gate or main club entrance door
- Bring your membership card with you to gain access to the site and clubhouse. They are now ‘swipe only’ access.
- Hand sanitise before and after playing (there are 5 hand sanitisation points at the Club which are clearly marked)
- Follow one way routes and signage
- Book your sport in advance and name ALL players (to help with our requirements to assist NHS Track and Trace)
- Leave the Clubhouse after playing
- Exit via the side gate (you will need to ‘swipe’ your membership card against the wall mounted keypad)
- Bring your own equipment and water bottle (the drinking fountain will be switched off and no equipment will be available for hire)
- Come changed and ready to play (there will be no changing or showering facilities)
- Only one person to use the lavatories at any time. Please lock the outer door using the newly fitted latches provided
- The upstairs of the Club is closed (other than the Table Tennis Room)
Clubhouse and Reception Opening Hours
To begin with, the Clubhouse will be open from 10am until 9pm, Monday to Sunday, however the reception desk will be unstaffed for some of this time. (please see timings below). First Aid may not be available at all times. The defibrillator can be found outside the double doors near tennis court 1.
Spectators and Visitors
No spectating is allowed on the indoor courts, on the squash gallery or in any of the dedicated sports rooms. Parents of children should wait outside or in their car.
We are currently not open to visitors other than for coaching and in a limited manner, by prior arrangement, with Reception.
Opening Hours from Monday 3 August
|Clubhouse & Indoor Sports||Outdoor Sports Facilities||Club Reception||Club Bar & Lounge||Racquets Cafe|
|Mon - Fri: 10:00 - 21:00||Mon - Sun: 08:30 - 21:00||Mon - Fri: 10:00 - 17:00||Mon - Sun: Closed||Mon - Sun: Closed|
|Sat: 10:00 - 21:00||Sat: 10:00 - 13.00|
|Sun: 10:00 - 21:00||Sun: Closed|
Guidelines for our sports
Each of the sports governing bodies have specific recommendations for playing their sport in a safe and distanced way. It is our wish to support these recommendations as fully as possible taking into account our own site and clubhouse layout and restrictions. Detailed guidance of safe play and advance booking for each sport may be found using the links below
We will keep all arrangements under close scrutiny and would ask you for your support in adhering to these guidelines and ensure social distancing is maintained.