SQUASH & RACKETBALL – COVID-19 Update
Updated 7 April 2021
In addition to our general guidance on our main Covid-19 webpage, please follow the sport specific guidelines below when visiting the Club to play squash or racketball from 12 April 2021.
What play is allowed:
- Solo practice
- Singles or doubles with members of the same household or support bubble
- Adult or junior individual coaching with Kelly Eastment
- Organised junior group coaching and activities (max group size applies)
What play is not allowed:
- Singles or doubles play between members of different households
- Adult group coaching or activities
- Leagues and competitions
Booking and cleaning requirements:
- Court opening times are 10am – 9pm, Monday – Sunday.
- 5 courts are available for advance booking (Court 4 is prioritised for individual coaching)
- A 5 minute social distancing buffer has been included between each 30 minute slot to allow for cleaning and ventilation.
- Maximum two players per booking
- Each player must be named on the booking
- Max 7 day advance booking
- No turning up to play without a prior booking.
- No spectators or viewing from the gallery
- Only one responsible adult to accompany children under 13 years
- Do not touch or wipe your hands on the court walls
- Players should clean door handles and touch points immediately after vacating the court. Use the products provided
- Players should leave the court door open after play
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your booking time
- Please vacate the court promptly at the end of your booking
The viewing gallery is not available for use, to avoid additional cleaning and risk to our staff who will be using the upstairs space to enable distancing between themselves. Please note that this also applies to parents who are bringing their children for coaching.
We will keep the arrangements under close scrutiny and would ask you for your support in adhering to these guidelines and ensure social distancing is maintained.Play Safe Stay Safe Poster 2 FINAL.pdf