CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE – Return to play
Updated 29 March 2021
The Club is open and offering a limited outdoor sports provision only. Indoor sports facilities and the clubhouse (including lavatories and changing facilities) are closed. Our phased reopening of facilities will continue in line with the Government roadmap with the next review due no earlier than 12 April.
The return of the ‘Rule of Six’ applies from 29 March for all informal gatherings. (This limit does not apply to group sizes for formally organised coaching and activities)
Full details of Government’s roadmap out of lockdown may be viewed here.
What sport is permitted at the Club:
- Informal outdoor singles or doubles play
- One-to one coaching
- Organised adult group coaching (from 13 April)
- Adult Club Sessions (from Monday 12 April – Wednesday session from 21 April)
- Organised junior group coaching (from 6 April)
- Junior Club Night (from Monday 12 April, max 15 children)
- Competitions programme (not before Saturday 1 May and subject to LTA competition restrictions)
- One parent/guardian may accompany and supervise a child
Croquet: (please check lawn conditions before booking)
- Informal singles or doubles play
- Organised group coaching or activities (afternoon hosting returns weekly from Saturday 17 April)
- Informal singles, doubles or triples play
- Organised group coaching, activities and competitions (subject to confirmation of any specific restrictions from Petanque England)
We encourage fair usage of courts and facilities, particularly at busy times and ask that you restrict play to no more than 90 minutes each day. Please cancel any bookings you cannot use.
What is not permitted:
All indoor sports and activities:
- No indoor sports or activities are allowed, including indoor tennis, squash, racketball, table tennis, snooker and bridge.
- The bar, cafe, lounge area and function rooms are not permitted to open.
Please help support the requirements of the NHS test and trace process by pre-booking sports facilities and signing in using the NHS QR Code which is available outside the Clubhouse. Members are required to keep their contact details held by the Club up to date.
Please follow the guidelines below when visiting the Club:
- DO NOT attend the Club if you or anyone in your household is displaying Covid-19 symptoms or if you have been advised that you must self-isolate..
- Use your membership card to gain access to the site via the side gate.
- Hand sanitise before and after playing (Hand sanitisation points are clearly marked)
- Book your sport in advance and name ALL players on your booking
- Bring your own equipment and water
- Come changed and ready to play (there are no lavatories, changing or showering facilities)
- Do not travel to the club if you live out of the area
- Please follow Government guidelines on social distancing
Spectators and Visitors
Spectators are not permitted. Parents of older children are asked to wait in their car wherever possible.
Visitors may attend the Club for individual coaching or when accompanying a child under 18 years.
Guidance for all sports and activities
Each of the sports governing bodies has specific recommendations for playing their sport in a safe and distanced way. It is our wish to support these recommendations as fully as possible taking into account our own site and clubhouse layout and restrictions.
All arrangements are being kept under close scrutiny and we would ask you for your support in adhering to these guidelines.