CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE – Return to play
Updated 14 May 2021
From 17 May 2021, the Club is open for outdoor and indoor sports. Some restrictions continue to apply to indoor sports and these are detailed on the sport specific webpages which can be found below.
The bar and cafe will be operating with table service only and are subject to strict capacity limits. Fuller details may be found below. Sports facilities, toilets & changing areas and social spaces are also subject to capacity limits which are clearly marked.
The phased reopening of all sports and facilities will continue in line with the Government roadmap with the next review due no earlier than 21 June.
Summary of what is permitted from 17 May:
- All outdoor sports and activities (subject to the ‘rule of 30’ for informal gatherings)
- Limited indoor sport (see sport specific guidance using links below)
- Use of the lavatories and changing facilities (room capacity limits apply)
- Access to the Club Reception for all enquiries and bookings (view opening hours below)
- An indoor and outdoor bar & cafe table service (limited hours, one way system in operation and cashless payments only)
Summary of what is NOT permitted from 17 May:
- No indoor gatherings of more than 6 people
- No eating or drinking inside the clubhouse other than when sitting at a table in the bar lounge area
*The ‘rule of 6’ and ‘rule of 30’ are not applicable to club/coach led coaching groups, competitions and activities.
Club and Clubhouse Guidelines
Please follow the guidelines below when visiting the Club:
- DO NOT attend the Club if you or anyone in your household is displaying Covid-19 symptoms or if you have been advised that you must self-isolate.
- Face coverings are required indoors, except when playing sport or when you are eating or drinking at a table in the bar lounge area. Face coverings should be worn by anyone aged 11 years and over.
- Always use your membership card to swipe and gain access to the site via the side gate. The main entrance is locked outside reception opening hours
- Hand sanitise before and after visiting (hand sanitisation points are clearly marked around the club)
- Book your sport in advance and name ALL players on your booking
- Come changed and ready to play – it is recommended that the use of changing and showering facilities is avoided – please observe room capacity limits if you use these areas
- Do not gather in groups of more than 6 people inside the clubhouse.
- Please do not gather in the foyer area
- Windows should be kept open wherever possible
- Please follow Government guidelines on social distancing
Guidance for all sports and activities
Each of the sports governing bodies has specific recommendations for playing their sport in a safe and distanced way. It is our wish to support these recommendations as fully as possible taking into account our own site, clubhouse layout and restrictions. Please read sport specific guidance and restrictions using the links below:
Opening Hours from 17 May
The Clubhouse is open for sport from 10am until 9pm, Monday to Sunday, however the Club Reception will be unstaffed for some of this time. (please see timings below). First Aid may not always be available. The defibrillator can be found outside the double doors near tennis court 1.
|Clubhouse & Indoor Sports||Outdoor Sports Facilities||Club Reception||Bar||Cafe|
|Mon - Sun: 09.00 - 22.00||Mon - Sun: 08.30 - 22.00||Mon - Fri: 09.00 - 20.00||Mon - Fri: 17.30 - 22.00||Mon - Fri: 10.30 - 13.00|
|Sat: 09.00 - 14.00||Sat: Closed (except for pre-booked events)||Sat: 09.30 - 13.00|
|Sun: 09.00 - 14.00||Sun: 17.00 - 21.00||Sun: 10.30 - 13.00|
Bank holidays and competition weekend timings may vary.
Toilets, Changing Facilities and Showers
Changing areas and showering facilities are open but, in line with Government advice, we recommend that their use is avoided where possible and that you arrive ready to play your sport and shower at home.
All toilets, changing areas and showering facilities are subject to Government restriction on capacity to allow for social distancing. Room capacity limits are clearly displayed on the outer door of toilets and changing facilities. These are Government rules which should be strictly observed.
Bar & Cafe
Our refurbished new look bar lounge is, at long last, able to reopen and we will be introducing new product lines to complement some old favourites. Initial opening hours have been chosen to accommodate busier times but demand is being closely monitored and timings will be kept under review.
The cafe will be serving hot and cold drinks and wrapped snacks and we are planning the launch of a refreshed snack menu in the coming weeks.
In line with hospitality restrictions, we will be offering table service only both indoors and out. Capacity indoors is required to be limited to ensure social distancing can be maintained. We regret that we are unable to extend capacity.
Using the bar lounge:
- Please wear a face covering when inside the clubhouse
- Where possible, use the one way system via the squash corridor stairs and squash gallery to enter the bar lounge area
- The main staircase should be used to go downstairs only – staff will be using this route to carry drinks outside, so please take care.
- Bar lounge capacity is limited to a maximum of 28 seated customers.
- Please sit at an appropriately sized table for your group
- Please do not move tables or chairs, these have been placed to allow for social distancing and unrestricted movement of staff when serving customers.
- Please only sit at a clean table. These are marked by a green card.
- If you use a table when the bar or cafe is closed, please turn the card to red so that we can arrange to clean your table after you have left.
- Please remain seated at a table at all times – we may only serve you when you are seated
- You may remove your face covering when seated at a table in the bar lounge and eating or drinking
- Please sanitise your hands before and after using the bar lounge, sanitisation points are available at the entry and exit points
Outdoor Table Service:
- Please use the bell situated on the wall next to the double doors into the clubhouse. This will alert staff that you wish to order
- Remain seated whilst placing your order and drinking or eating
Spectators, Visitors and Guests
Spectators are welcome outside subject to social distancing guidelines. Children attending a coaching session may be accompanied or supervised by one adult. No spectators indoors or on the squash gallery.
Visitors may attend the Club for coaching or when accompanying a child.
Members may bring a guest at off peak and quiet times, subject to advance agreement by the Club Reception and upon advance payment of a guest fee.
Anyone without a valid membership card will be required to sign in on arrival and provide contact details or use the NHS Covid-19 QR Code situated at the Reception Desk.
NHS Test and Trace
Please help support the requirements of the NHS test and trace service by pre-booking sports facilities and signing in using the NHS QR Code which is available outside the Clubhouse. Members are requested to keep their contact details held by the Club up to date. View our NHS Test and Trace Privacy Notice here.
Full details of Government’s roadmap out of lockdown may be viewed here.
All arrangements are being kept under close scrutiny and we would ask you for your support in adhering to these guidelines.