CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE – Return to play
Updated 7 April 2021
From 12 April 2021, the Club will be offering outdoor sports and activities, a limited indoor sports provision and a limited outdoor table service for the bar and cafe.
The phased reopening of sports and facilities will continue in line with the Government roadmap with the next review due no earlier than 17 May.
Summary of what is permitted from 12 April:
- All outdoor sports and activities, subject to the ‘rule of six’ for informal play and gatherings*
- Solo practice and play within a household or support bubble for indoor sports (see sport specific links below for full details)
- Access to the clubhouse to use the downstairs lavatories
- Club Reception is open (view our opening hours)
- Outdoor bar and cafe table service (limited hours, limited product range and cashless payments)
Summary of what is NOT permitted from 12 April:
- No informal outdoor gatherings of more than 6 people
- No indoors sports or activities for members of different households
- Changing facilities and showers remain closed
- Bar, cafe and function rooms remain closed
- First floor of Clubhouse is closed (except for access to table tennis)
*The ‘rule of six’ does not apply to club/coach led coaching groups, competitions and activities.
Club and Clubhouse Guidelines
Please follow the guidelines below when visiting the Club:
- DO NOT attend the Club if you or anyone in your household is displaying Covid-19 symptoms or if you have been advised that you must self-isolate.
- Use your membership card to gain access to the site via the side gate.
- Hand sanitise before and after playing (hand sanitisation points are clearly marked)
- Book your sport in advance and name ALL players on your booking
- Bring your own equipment and water
- Come changed and ready to play (there are no changing or showering facilities)
- Please leave the clubhouse immediately after playing
- Do not gather within the clubhouse at any time
- Keep windows open wherever possible
- Please follow Government guidelines on social distancing
- Face coverings are mandatory indoors, except when playing sport or where you have an exemption. These should be worn by anyone aged 11 years and over.
Please read sport specific guidance and restrictions using the links below:
Clubhouse and Reception Opening Hours
The Clubhouse is open from 10am until 9pm, Monday to Sunday, however the reception desk will be unstaffed for some of this time. (please see timings below). First Aid may not be available at all times. The defibrillator can be found outside the double doors near tennis court 1.
|Clubhouse & Indoor Sports||Outdoor Sports Facilities||Club Reception||Outdoor Cafe (Table Service only)||Outdoor Bar (Table service only)|
|Mon - Sun: 10.00 - 21.00||Mon - Sun: 08.30 - 22.00||Mon - Fri: 10.00 - 16.00||Mon - Sat: 10.30 - 12.30||Mon: Closed|
|Sat: 09.00 - 13.00||Tues - Thurs: 18.00 - 21.00
|Sun: Closed||Fri - Sun: Closed|
Adverse weather may disrupt the availability outdoor bar and cafe table service.
The Club lounge, bar, cafe and social areas remain closed to members and guests.
Spectators, Visitors and Guests
Spectators are not permitted. Children attending a coaching session may be accompanied or supervised by one adult.
Visitors may attend the Club for coaching or when accompanying a child.
Members may bring a guest at off peak and quiet times, subject to advance agreement by the Club Reception and upon payment of a guest fee.
Anyone without a valid membership card is required to sign in on arrival and provide contact details or use the NHS Covid-19 QR Code situated at the Reception Desk.
Guidance for all sports and activities
Each of the sports governing bodies has specific recommendations for playing their sport in a safe and distanced way. It is our wish to support these recommendations as fully as possible taking into account our own site and clubhouse layout and restrictions.
All arrangements are being kept under close scrutiny and we would ask you for your support in adhering to these guidelines.
NHS Test and Trace
Please help support the requirements of the NHS test and trace process by pre-booking sports facilities and signing in using the NHS QR Code which is available outside the Clubhouse. Members are requested to keep their contact details held by the Club up to date. View our NHS Test and Trace Privacy Notice here.
Full details of Government’s roadmap out of lockdown may be viewed here.