TENNIS – COVID-19 Update – 26 September 2020
In addition to our general guidance on our main Covid-19 webpage, please follow the specific guidelines below when visiting the Club to play tennis:
You may play singles or doubles tennis or participate in our Adult or Junior programme.
Outdoor Tennis Courts
- Hard court hours are between 8.30am and 9.00pm.
- Floodlighting is available on weekday evenings only.
- Please book online in advance and enter the names of everyone who will be playing.
- Bookings may be made up to 7 days in advance and for up to one and a half hours of play per day per person.
- Please use the gate nearest to your court. Courts 1-2 have two gates. Court 3 – please use the gate nearest the grass courts. Court 4 – please use the usual gate.
- We ask that you bring your own water, hand sanitiser, racquets and balls.
- Please access the outdoor courts via the side gate. Use your membership card to gain access.
Indoor tennis courts
- Indoor courts are open to members and non-members to pre-book
- Pre-book and pay by telephoning during Club Reception opening hours.
- Pre-payment is required to book an indoor court
- Pay by contactless card or by using your membership card, if there is sufficient money pre-loaded on it.
- We cannot accept cash and ask you to pay remotely where possible
- Please try to book at least 24 hours in advance.
- The roller shutters should be left open to provide additional ventilation
- We are unable to allow spectators at the back of the court at this time and parents of children being coached should either wait outside or in their car.
Grass Tennis Courts are closed to enable us to carry out our Autumn/Winter maintenance programme.
(NEW) Our Adult and Junior Coaching Programmes are running with appropriate adjustments to formats and group sizes to ensure we conform with the latest Government and LTA Guidance. You must sign-in when attending these sessions.
(NEW) Member-only Club Sessions will run outdoors only for the foreseeable future and are weather dependent. You must sign-in when attending these sessions.
We will keep the arrangements under close scrutiny and would ask you for your support in adhering to these guidelines and ensure social distancing is maintained.