TENNIS – COVID-19 Update – 29 July 2020
Indoor tennis courts will re-open from 10am on Monday 3rd August.
In addition to our general guidance on our main Covid-19 webpage, please follow the additional specific guidelines below when visiting the Club to play tennis:
Outdoor Tennis Courts
- You may play singles or doubles with other members of the Club or as part of our coaching programme
- Hard court hours will be between 8.30am and 9.00pm.
- There will be no floodlighting.
- Please book online in advance and enter the names of everyone who will be playing. This is to help you trace who you have been in contact with whenever you visit the Club.
- Bookings may be made up to 7 days in advance and for up to one and a half hours of play per day per person.
- Please be prepared to start your game 2-3 minutes after your allotted time to allow the previous players to leave in a distanced manner and aim to finish 2-3 minutes early for the same reason.
- Please use the gate nearest to your court. Courts 1-2 have two gates. Court 3 – please use the gate nearest the grass courts. Court 4 – please use the usual gate.
- We ask that you bring your own water, hand sanitiser, racquets and balls.
- Please take your rubbish home with you.
- Please access the outdoor courts via the side gate. You will need to bring your membership card to gain access via the gate.
Indoor tennis courts
- Pre-book and pay by telephoning during Club Reception opening hours.
- Pre-payment is required to book an indoor court
- Pay by card or by using your membership card, if there is sufficient money pre-loaded on it.
- We cannot accept cash and ask you to pay remotely where possible, to help protect our staff
- Pay by a contactless method where you cannot pay remotely
- Please try to book at least 24 hours in advance.
- The roller shutters must be left open at all times
- Follow the one way systems that will be sign posted.
- At certain times, (particularly when Reception is not staffed) you may need to use your membership card to gain entry to the indoor courts.
- We are unable to allow spectators at the back of the court at this time and parents of children being coached should either wait outside or in their car.
Grass Tennis Courts
Three grass tennis courts are available for play on a limited basis so as to provide our reduced grounds team with enough time to carry out necessary maintenance (mowing, white-lining and watering as necessary). Maintenance is planned for Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings before 2pm but will be weather and workforce dependent.
Grass court tennis is highly weather dependent and we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines for booking and play, in addition to the above outdoor tennis guidelines:
- Always book your court online ahead of playing and name everyone who is playing
- Grass court bookings may only be made on the day of play (bookings open at 7am)
- You may book up to 3 consecutive 30 minute slots per day. This helps ensure fair usage for all members
- Grass courts are open to members only
- Please check the weather forecast before booking
- Please do not play if the weather is damp – damp courts can be slippery
- Please do not play within one hour of rain and check that the courts are dry before playing
- If maintenance is delayed due to poor weather, your booking may be disrupted.
Proposed grass court opening hours are:
Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 2.00pm – 8.00pm
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday: 10.30am – 8.00pm
No play before 10.30am on any day. Court availability is subject to change and may be affected by the weather and maintenance.
We will keep the arrangements under close scrutiny and would ask you for your support in adhering to these guidelines and ensure social distancing is maintained.