SQUASH – COVID-19 Update – 29 July 2020
Squash courts will re-open from 10am on Monday 3rd August. Advance bookings will open on Sunday 2nd August.
In addition to our general guidance on our main Covid-19 webpage, please follow the additional specific guidelines below when visiting the Club to play squash:
Please follow the following guidelines specifically for squash
Squash courts are only available for
- Solo practice
- Singles with two members of the same household or ‘bubble’
- Singles for two members of different households, playing “Sides” as outlined on the Squash England website.
- Individual coaching with Kelly Eastment
Booking and cleaning requirements:
- Court opening times are 10am – 9pm, Monday – Sunday
- 5 courts are available for advance booking
- Booking start times are staggered to minimise contact with others
- Play on courts 1, 3 & 5 starts at 10am
- Play on courts 2 & 6 starts at 10.30am
- Court 4 is set aside for coaching
- Booking times are preset and include a 30 min buffer period between bookings for vacating and cleaning
- Maximum two players per booking
- Each player must be named on the booking
- Maximum 3 day advance booking
- No turning up to play without a prior booking.
- No spectators or viewing from the gallery
- No visitors except for one responsible adult accompanying a child under 13 years
- Do not touch or wipe your hands on the court walls
- Players must clean door handles and touch points immediately after vacating the court
- Cleaning products will be provided in the squash corridor. Please dispose of waste in the bins provided
- Players are to leave the court door open after play
- Windows in the corridor must be left open at all times
- Please not arrive more than 5 minutes before your booking time
- Please vacate the court promptly at the end of your booking
We hope to relax the booking restrictions over the coming weeks but for the time being we are taking things slowly so we can react to any changing guidance or circumstances.
The viewing gallery is not available for use, to avoid additional cleaning and risk to our staff who will be using the upstairs space to enable distancing between themselves.
Please note that this also applies to parents who are bringing their children in for coaching.
Play Safe Stay Safe Poster 2 FINAL.pdf
We will keep the arrangements under close scrutiny and would ask you for your support in adhering to these guidelines and ensure social distancing is maintained.